Towards a better life
An Exploration of the Social Role Valorisation (SRV) Framework with Regard to People who are Marginalised
Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st October 2019, Pennant Hills Sydney
The Towards a Better Life two-day workshop teaches a framework for thinking when responding to the needs and interests of people who are at risk of being devalued. The workshop will explore social devaluation and its consequences for people who are marginalised and how SRV can be used as a means of addressing those experiences of devaluation.
This workshop is designed for participants from a range of sectors (disability, aged care, mental health, youth etc). This will include support workers, coordinators, family members, people with disabilities, people with a mental illness and older people receiving services.Participants will be people who are looking for ways of meeting the real needs of marginalised people, resulting in a better lives.
View the workshop flyer
Register for the workshop
Events run by other organisations:
Values in Action in QLD runs regular SRV workshops through out the year Please visit their website for more information: http://www.viaa.org.au/current-workshops.html
Foundations Forum Cancellation Policies for events and workshops:
For all events other than a PASSING event, if a cancellation is made:
- 1+ weeks before the event, a full refund will be given
- Within a week of the event, a 50% refund will be given
- However, in all cases an eligible substitute registrant may attend.
- before the RSVP date, a full refund will be given, less $100 non-refundable deposit;
- after the RSVP date and up to 2 weeks before the event 50% of your registration will be refunded;
- within 2 weeks of the event, no refund will be given.